we delivers enough to blog about
I’m always asked by clients what is something quick and easy I can eat for breakfast AND that will help me lose weight. This scrambled egg breakfast is something I can manage to put together at 5.30am every morning in just a few minutes. It contains a good source of protein, plant food and omega 3 fatty acids and will give you sustained slow release energy all morning.
Don’t waste time separating eggs and egg whites, buy frozen egg whites, defrost overnight and use in the morning.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
1/2 cup of egg whites
1-2 whole eggs
3-4 slices of smoked salmon
1 handful of spinach
1 tbs ground flaxseeds
2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
Optional extra: Sliced avocado
– Pour olive oil into a pan and heat
– Add spinach leaves and allow to wilt
– While spinach leaves are wilting, add egg whites and whole eggs into a bowl and whisk.
– Remove spinach leaves from pan onto a plate and add egg liquid into the pan.
– Stir egg liquid in pan while cooking until scrambled
– Remove eggs from pan onto plate
– Add smoked salmon, avocado and ground flaxseeds to plate and serve