we delivers enough to blog about
I normally can’t stand cauliflower. I hate the smell of it cooking and whatever taste it has by itself doesn’t do much for me. However you can’t deny the health benefits this vegetable has and also the fact that it is one of the best foods for weight loss going around.
What makes cauliflower a one of the best foods for weight loss weight loss is that it is low in calories and high in nutrients. Cauliflower contains up to 80% of your daily vitamin C intake and are also high in fibre which will help fill you up without adding a lot of extra calories. The high fibre content of cauliflower will help slow the digestion process meaning you will burn more calories during as your body is converting the cauliflower into energy.
When you add the high protein and good fat source of whole eggs with the added antioxidants from chilli and garlic you can transform boring steamed cauliflower into an amazing snack or you can add extra toppings such as avocado and organic bacon to transform it into a meal.
1/2 head of cauliflower
2 tsp of dried herbs
1/2 long red chilli
1 clove of garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
– Pre-heat oven to 190dg
– Take cauliflower, chop off stalks and add heads into a blender
– Blend until cauliflower is finely chopped (as fine as rice or finer)
– Place chopped cauliflower in a bowl and place in microwave for 2 mins
– While cauliflower is in microwave, crack 2 eggs in a bowl and whisk
– Finely chop garlic clove and chilli and add to bowl, then add dried herbs
– When cauliflower is cooked, place cauliflower in a clean tea towel and squeeze out excess moisture. Be careful not to burn your hands as excess liquid will be hot
– Place dried cauliflower into bowl of egg mixture
– Stir mixture well
– Cover a flat baking tray with baking paper and spoon out 2 tbs of mixture for each tortilla then evenly flatten out mixture so that it’s thin and even
– Place is oven for 10 minutes then turn over and cook for another 7 minutes
Serve with avocado and crispy bacon