we delivers enough to blog about
This shepherds pie uses cauliflower instead of potato which greatly reduces the carb content. It is best cooked using a large cast iron cooking pot.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
400g of good quality mince beef
1 brown onion
2 cloves of garlic
2 cups of frozen peas
2 tsp of chilli powder
Extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp cinnamon
Salt and pepper
– Preheat oven to 200dg
– Boil water and add to a large saucepan
– Chop cauliflower into small pieces and add to boiling water. Keep on heat for around 5 minutes or until cauliflower is soft.
– While cauliflower is boiling, chop brown onion and garlic and add to a large cooking pot.
– Add olive oil to cooking pot and brown onion, then add mince beef. Keep stirring until mince is cooked through
– Add frozen peas and stir
– Add 2 eggs and stir through then flatten out mince mixture in cooking pot
– Remove cauliflower from heat and strain.
– Add cauliflower to a blender with olive oil and blend until a thick texture is reached
– Scoop mixture out of blender and with a spoon and spread on top of mince and flatten out
– Crack one egg into a bowl and whisk, then pour on top of cauliflower.
– Add chilli flakes
– Place cooking pot in oven for 15 minutes. The egg mixture on top will form a crust
– Add salt and pepper to taste.