we delivers enough to blog about
Here is a simple way to prepare greens to make them taste amazing so that you can actually look forward to eating them rather than forcing them down your throat out of necessity.
Serves: 2-3 (multiply ingredients for more serves)
Prep time: 5-10 mins
Cooking time: 10 minutes
1 head of broccoli
1 bunch of asparagus
2 handfuls of Brussels sprouts
1/2 zucchini thinly sliced
1 handful of dried cranberries
1/2 large red chilli thinly sliced
2-3 small portions of Puglia cheese torn up
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tbs of olive oil
– Boil a large saucepan of water
– While water is boiling, rinse all vegetables, remove broccoli from main stalk, chop the hard ends off the asparagus and thinly slice zucchini and red chilli
– Slice avocado into smaller chunks and tear up small portions of puglia cheese
– Once water has boiled, add Brussels sprouts to the boiling water first then add asparagus and broccoli about two minutes later.
– Remove vegetables from the water and strain after about 7-10 minutes.
– Add 1 tbs of olive oil to a pan and add chilli and zucchini slices and fry until zucchini starts to brown
– Then add remaining vegetables to the pan along with cranberries and Puglia cheese and stir fry until the green vegetables start to brown which should only be a minute or so.
– Plate vegetables and add the chunks of avocado.
– Add salt and pepper and extra olive oil to taste.