we delivers enough to blog about
Best Food For Weight Loss: Sticky Date Pudding, Gluten Free, Low Carb, No Added Sugar
So in order for me to transform a sticky date pudding into something that was easy on the waist line I had to alter the recipe in order to ensure it had no added sugar, no gluten, no butter, and was lower in carbs than the traditional version. In order to create a cake or pudding type texture I have replaced the regular flour with sunflower seeds. You could also use almond meal. Unfortunately I had to sacrifice the caramel sauce and substitute it with dark chocolate sauce. After a few attempts, I learnt the hard way you can’t make caramel sauce without sugar and butter.
Why is this a good recipe for weight loss? It has a lower carb content than the real thing and doesn’t contain the added sugar which will spike your blood sugar and insulin levels. It also contains lots of good fats that slow the digestion process and help keep blood sugar levels more stable.
Servings: 8-10 muffin size puddings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
2 cups of sunflower seeds or almond meal
2 tbs of flaxseed meal
8 squares of dark chocolate (70% or better)
1/3 cup of boiling water
2 cups of dates
2 Stevia tabs
1 1/2 tsp of baking soda
Cinnamon to taste
100g of coconut oil
1 tbs desiccated coconut
Organic vanilla yoghurt
– Pre-head oven to 160 dg
– Boil water
– While water is boiling, grind sunflower seeds into flower with a small blender or you can use almond meal
– Take 4 squares of dark chocolate and slice up into tiny slithers
– Place dates into blender with boiling water and blend until dates are soft and spongy.
– Add sunflower flour or almond meal to blender
– Whisk eggs then add to blender and blend
– Add flaxseed meal, 1 Stevia tab, baking soda and approx 1 tsp of cinnamon and blend
– In a small pan, heat 100g of coconut oil until it is liquid then add to blender
– Place dark chocolate slithers into blender and blend well
– Taste test, if not sweet enough you can add additional cinnamon or Stevia
– Spoon mixture into muffin patty pans and place in oven for 45 minutes
– With about 5 minutes remaining of cooking time, take 4 squares of dark chocolate and place in a glass or bowl and heat in microwave for approx 30 seconds or more if needed.
– Once dark chocolate is melted add a Stevia tab and coconut and stir well
– Remove muffins from oven, carefully peel off patty pans and place on a plate
– Pour chocolate sauce on top and add yoghurt
Here is my latest free YouTube workout which I have just uploaded.